Have you ever watched someone have a lightbulb moment? This episode was exactly that.
Heather Cate is a graphic designer and self-dubbed website rehabber who helps businesses take their online presences to the next level. When you start a business because what you do lights you up, it sometimes feels foreign to be the one in the spotlight and having to talk about what we do in a way that makes our business grow.
On this on-air strategy session, Heather and I talked about how she can supercharge what she’s already doing to bring in more dreamy clients & how she should step out from the behind-the-scenes work to actually promote her business and show up online herself.
Here’s what we covered:
- What website rehabbing is
- Heather’s ideal client
- The difficulty of putting yourself in the limelight
- The mental game of being an entrepreneur
- How Heather finds most of her clients & how she can supercharge that
- Her most popular service offerings
- Heather’s thoughts on whether websites are dead
- Her experience using video & how she can use it to maximize her business
- The people Heather likes to interview & how she finds them
- Who her ideal viewer is & how she can best utilize her videos to introduce her services
Connect with Heather:
Heather Cate, the Buzz Queen, helps you spread the buzz about your business with website design, presenting your company to the world, and getting to the top of Google. She loves the digital marriage of technology and art. It’s about getting to know you, your business, and who you want to sell to.
A Seven Sisters grad, her first job out of college was at the Boston Children’s Museum. Next was being the Director of Communications for a humanitarian relief group in a war-torn country. Then she became a Senior Industrial Engineer for Sylvania, the light bulb company. She’s been building websites and doing digital marketing for over 15 year
About Marketing Magic:
The Marketing Magic podcast is where women entrepreneurs trying to do all the things come to get inspiration, business strategy, and on-air coaching on how to get their business noticed and growing. If you have a business that people need to know about in order for it to grow, you’re in the right place. This is the place to uncomplicate your marketing. Be sure to listen, subscribe, and leave a review! Join the conversation of other unapologetically successful women in her Facebook community, The #girlboss Club.