Clearly, I love podcasting.
And I DO recommend it over blogging to a lot of clients and guests.
But how do you know if a podcast right for you?
And How do you wrap your brain around what message you want to share?
It’s honestly amazing how much reach a podcast can bring to you and your business.
In this meta podcast episode all about launching a podcast, I brought on podcasting strategist, Kat Brendel to talk about why you might want to start a podcast, how you can get started now and how to get over some of the limiting beliefs that stop you from sharing your voice.
For instance, did you know at the beginning of 2020 these were the most recent podcasting stats:
– There are 850,000 podcasts available right now
– 50% of Americans listen to podcasts and 22% listen weekly
– 25-44 year olds make up 50% of the listenership
– 80% of listeners listen to the entire podcast or most of it
– 20% speed up the podcast
Kat shares how she got into podcasting after leaving her startup job and founding a coworking space specifically for women. She shares how local businesses can use podcasting as a marketing strategy. She also gives her advice on following your intuition on what medium to show up on if you feel that podcasting isn’t the right fit for you.
We talk about:
- How Kat got into podcasting after working in PR and marketing
- Her experience of leaving a job to start a coworking space and work on her podcast
- Why she encourages people to launch podcasts
- What Kat does with podcast coaching and the first steps to getting started
- The things that Kat’s noticed as the best strategies for building a podcast audience
- Her experience with using podcasts for local business
- How Kat recommends that people start if they want to create a podcast
- Why you don’t have to start a podcast if it doesn’t fuel you
About Kat Brendel:
Kat Brendel’s love of stories led her to study journalism and build a career in media. After getting a boatload of marketing experience in South America, the US, and Europe, she learned not just how to tell good stories, but how they can drive businesses forward. She hosts the Leading Rebels podcast, co-founded CoWomen, and collaborates with bosses like you to launch & grow your podcast to grow your audience, impact, and business!
Connect with Kat:
How to Grow Your Business With a Podcast
Quiz: Should You Launch a Podcast?
“Your Guide to Find & Own Your Story” Blog Post / Podcast Episode
Bosspod Academy: Launch Your Podcast With More Strategy and Less Overwhelm – Like the Boss You Are!
Killer Content episode
The Content Fuel Framework: How to Generate Unlimited Story Ideas
Thank you for the awesomesauce conversation Mallory! Can’t wait to see what great podcast are created by bosses that get inspired by this episode.