The lie we too often tell ourselves is that we are horrible at numbers.
And then we stick our head in the sand and do nothing but hope our numbers will work out in the end.
Most of us don’t have a business degree, we went into business because of something we love to do or are great at.
So when it comes to figuring out what the jumble of numbers are telling us, it is confusing and scary and we often are afraid of masking the wrong move.
Today’s guest is going to change all that.
Danielle Hayden and I talk about how to make tracking numbers fun and empowering, how to figure out what your KPIs are and how to start some healthy number habits for your business today.
If you’ve been needing to pay more attention to the numbers in your business, you’ll want to take a listen!
We talk about:
- Danielle’s background in corporate accounting and why she is so passionate about numbers
- Realizing that so many entrepreneurs needed a CFO and deciding to start her firm
- Helping entrepreneurs to wrap their head around their numbers and using that to make business decisions
- Her advice for those who don’t know where to start with their numbers
- The reports that you should be looking at within your accounting system
- Being strategic about business expenses that you could help come tax season
- Why you need to pay yourself as an entrepreneur
- How Danielle works with clients and when they come to her
- Examples of client breakthroughs that she’s had
About Danielle Hayden:
Danielle Hayden is a reformed corporate CFO (chief financial officer) who is on a mission to help rule-breaking female entrepreneurs understand their numbers so they can gain the confidence needed to create sustainable profits. After spending 10+ years in the board room as a corporate finance officer, Danielle is now in her sweet spot as the co-owner of Kickstart Accounting, Inc. where she helps business owners with bookkeeping, financial analysis, and education and as the author of the Profit Planner book series. When Danielle isn’t crunching numbers on her clients’ behalf or crafting the next iteration of the Profit Planner, you can find her hanging with her two kids as she inspires them to lead their fullest lives or doing any, and almost every fitness-related activity ranging from Spartan races to pilates.
Connect with Danielle:
About Marketing Magic:
The Marketing Magic podcast is where women entrepreneurs trying to do all the things come to get inspiration, business strategy, and on-air coaching on how to get their business noticed and growing. If you have a business that people need to know about in order for it to grow, you’re in the right place. This is the place to uncomplicate your marketing. Be sure to listen, subscribe, and leave a review! Join the conversation of other unapologetically successful women in her Facebook community, The #girlboss Club.