The two most important things you have to get right to have a successful business are marketing + sales.
Today’s podcast guest is one my favorite people, and a personal mentor of mine, Renee Hribar.
I like to say that sales and marketing are two step-sisters that get along really well. There’s nothing to be afraid of and neither one is going to start throwing punches. But as women, we’ve been in too many situations where we’ve been “sold to” and it leaves us feeling icky and desperate not to make anyone feel that way in our own businesses.
Here are the highlights I took away from our conversation about how to take the pressure off of yourself for sales, and actually make revenue:
1. Be curious. Be yourself. Start a conversation.
2. Get really good at asking questions. The better questions you ask, the more you know about how to guide and help your potential client to accept an offer that’s perfect for them and a no-brainer for you.
3. Set a timeframe for your call when you hop on. It sets boundaries for you and for your guest.
4. When you hop on a consulting call, fitting call, coffee chat, whatever you want to call it, you DO NOT NEED TO GIVE ADVICE.
“The pressure you put on yourself to give someone a quick win and show off your knowledge and skill is what crushing most women in their abilities to make sales. I would never call up my doctor and ask him, hey doc, can you give me a quick win buddy, so I know you’re the doc. He’s going to say no, you need to come into the office for an eval, I have a few more questions.” – Renee Hribar
5. If you’re trying to run an entirely passive business from the start, you’ll be lucky to hit your revenue goals. #micdrop
6. If you have 100 new people on your list and only 5 buy, don’t follow the online guru’s advice and go spend $1,000 getting 100 more people. Work with the 95 who apparently liked you but weren’t ready for that offer, and figure out what to do next.
7. Treat people like people. Be human. Send personal emails. Reach out on social. Engage with things that light you up. Your conversion rates will soar because most people try to automate the crap out of their business and lose the personal touch that makes you unique.
8. If you don’t know how to have sales conversations and sell to real people, for the love of baby Jesus, do NOT RUN ads to your stuff. It’s throwing your money into the toilet.
9. Take the pressure off yourself to always close a deal by believing you’ll probably see this person again in the world or online, and to end the conversation, no matter what, in kindness.
10. Want to sell out your offers? Talk to people and listen deeply. They’ll tell you everything you need to know about how to sell to them and what they need most.
Want to learn how to do sales even if you’ve never had a great sales call? Grab Renee’s free training WHILE IT”S STILL FREE: Zero to Sales by Renee Hribar
Connect with Renee
Renee Hribar has been a sales professional since 1994 in New York. She has sold millions of dollars in products and services and trained thousands to sell for the first time. She is known in her industry as a fun, energetic executive sales coach who leads with heart. A TedX speaker who offers training sessions at global conferences, boardrooms and most recently through virtual programs, she skillfully breaks down her decades of sales expertise with a flair that makes listening to her a joy and if you take action, extremely profitable. With her one-of-a-kind “laugh & learn” teaching style, you will certainly walk away with a new view on the “softer side of sales.”
Watch her weekly LIVE show and in 10 minutes or LESS to gain sales GOLD that will increase your profit and your mood!!
The “S” Word LIVE (making sales simple & fun)
12:30 pm EDT Wednesday at www.facebook.com/renee.hribar[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/7295345/height/360/theme/standard/autoplay/no/autonext/no/thumbnail/yes/preload/no/no_addthis/no/direction/forward/” height=”” width=”100%” placement=”bottom” theme=””]