We can talk marketing until we’re blue in the face…. but what does it REALLY mean for your business?
Honestly, it means how do you consistently get found by ideal clients who will pay you money which will change your family’s life.
So how DO you get free leads for your business? INBOUND MARKETING
Industry jargon for having leads find you OR raise their hand for what you offer
For those of us who are still *slightly* terrified of coming across pushy, it’s a passive form of marketing where you put something out into the world and wait to get found my your perfect peeps.
I’m sure you can already see the catch: it’s not a quick fix nor a way to make cash fast.
But although it takes exponentially longer to get going, the results of inbound marketing live on and exponentially grow.
In today’s episode, I break down the two pillars of inbound marketing (you’re likely already doing at least one of them): content marketing + SEO.
Content Marketing is where you showcase your talent, your depth of knowledge and breadth of experience to draw your ideal peeps in. Check out these two past episodes to learn how to crush content marketing in 2019:
SEO (search engine optimization) is how you get found on Google and other search engines, which equals FREE traffic.
Here are some baby steps I’d recommend starting with to get SEO working for your business.
- If you have a DIY website platform like Wix, Squarespace or Weebly, they have built-in tools on the page settings to fill out your Page Title, Description and keywords. Make sure every page you have on their, blog posts included, has this filled out.
- If you use WordPress, get the Yoast plugin to fill out this information. It also grades your readability, shows you a preview of how it will look in Google and how effective your keywords are.
- Focus on using keywords your ideal client will be searching for in your content and on the copy on your website.
- Download my Marketing Metric spreadsheet and start tracking where you rank for keywords important to you, so you can see how your efforts are paying off each month.
- Make sure you have both Google Analytics + Google Console installed on your website. Here are instructions for how to set those up.
So NOW you know how to start driving free traffic to your site, but THEN WHAT???
Here’s how to capitalize on your traffic:
- Make sure you have a way to capture their email addresses with an optin and form on your site (preferably all of the pages on your site).
- Nurture the people who join your list until they’re ready to buy. For some people, they’ll buy everything; others will wait years before making a move. Treat them all equally.
- Drive them to other social media channels that you are active on so they get to know you faster (which increase the know-like-trust factor).
- If nothing else, make sure to follow up with them within 1-3 days, or they’ll forget they even found you.
- Look at your biggest traffic source and focus on that “funnel” first.
- Make people feel welcome and introduce them to your house party through a welcome sequence.
Inbound marketing, here you come!!! Get get ’em tiger!